Impact Law Firm
115 W. 3rd St.
Tulsa, OK 74103
View Larger Map
Common Car Accident Injuries in Tulsa
A car accident always adds chaos to the lives of the people involved, but a car accident that causes personal injury can turn your life inside out. Car accidents can cause numerous types of injuries depending upon the types of cars involved, the speeds at which the cars were traveling and other variables. A few of the more common types of car accident injuries include:
- Neck injuries: a neck injury can range from mild to severe. Whiplash is a common neck injury from car accidents and can sometimes need medical attention. Other neck injuries like cervical radiculopathy or disc injuries may need many months of medical treatments or surgery.
- Brain or head injuries: a closed head injury can range from a mild concussion that needs less medical treatment to a traumatic brain injury (TBI) that needs acute medical care. Closed head injuries simply refer to the fact that there are no open wounds to indicate that the brain has suffered a severe impact from the car accident.
- Back and spinal injuries: a sprain, fracture, disc injury, lumbar spine injury, lumbar radiculopathy or thoracic spine injury are a few of the many types of injuries that can affect your back or spine after a car accident. Back or spine injuries can cause long-lasting discomfort for their victims.
- Face lacerations or injuries: a personal injury to the face can occur from a number of factors in a car accident. Permanent scarring can cause long-term turmoil and may require multiple surgeries. Fractured facial bones can also lead to nerve damage and permanent disfigurement. Dental issues often arise from impacts to the face or jaw.
- Psychological suffering: many car accident victims suffer psychologically, especially from severe car accidents involving catastrophic or deadly injuries. Some patients develop symptoms that may be diagnosed as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Personal Injury Lawyer as Your Advocate in Tulsa
If you or a loved one has suffered from a personal injury in a car accident, Impact Law Firm in Tulsa, OK will advocate for you to ensure you receive the damages you are owed. Contact us today for a free consultation.