Impact Law Firm
115 W. 3rd St.
Tulsa, OK 74103
View Larger Map
New Year’s Eve Drunk Driving Accidents
Nationwide statistics indicate that New Year’s Eve is the most dangerous night of the year due to drunk driving accidents.
Sadly, the very night most people are celebrating the beginning of a new year, and what should be new and exciting opportunities; many end up injured or killed when their celebration involves too much alcohol consumed by themselves or someone else.
Even though drunk driving deaths for our young people under the age of 21 have declined by 33 percent over the past 10 years, every day we still lose four young people, ages 16 to 21, due to alcohol-related accidents. One out of every three car accident deaths involving our young people is alcohol-related, and car accidents, in general, continue to be the number one cause of death for those under the age of twenty-one.
There are other statistics that should be sobering, but still fail to prevent people from driving drunk:
- Approximately 11,000 (one every hour) people across the U.S. will die this year as a result of someone driving drunk.
- Statistics show that one out of every three people will be involved in an alcohol-related accident during their lifetime.
- One out of every three people involved in a car accident and an alcohol-related death has a conviction for driving drunk within the previous three years.
- More alcohol-related deaths occur on the weekend, or during a holiday, then during an average weekday.
- Serious injuries occur every two minutes due to someone driving drunk.
Tulsa Personal Injury Representation
Contact Impact Law, Tulsa personal injury lawyer, today for a free consultation to discuss personal injuries you or someone you loved received in a drunk driving accident.