Impact Law Firm
115 W. 3rd St.
Tulsa, OK 74103
View Larger Map
Stay Safe on Icy Roads in Tulsa
Icy roads are a well-known hazard for Tulsa drivers virtually every winter as we have already seen in 2013. Many accidents and injuries could be avoided, and many lives could be saved by simply taking the proper precautions to stay safe on icy roads. At Impact Law Firm, we take great pride in offering insight to help our clients and their families remain safe.
Following some of the following safety tips will assist you in remaining injury free during icy road conditions:
- When the temperatures drop, check your local weather reports for road conditions.
- Adequate tread on your tires will help prevent sliding; using tire chains may sound outdated, but many people have learned this is one fail-proof way to avoid an accident during icy conditions.
- Always assume wet spots are slick spots when the temperatures hover around freezing.
- Approach stop lights and stop signs slowly giving yourself plenty of time to stop and avoid sliding into an intersection with on-coming traffic, or to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of you.
- Keep your distance from other vehicles.
- Take your time. Better to arrive safely; than not to arrive at all.
- Carry a bag of sand or cat litter in your trunk to sprinkle around tires that start spinning and become stuck due to icy conditions.
- Always clean off ALL car windows and side mirrors to ensure you can see the vehicles around you.
- Try to maintain your momentum when driving up a hill, but do so without driving recklessly.
Tulsa Car Accident Representation
If you have been injured in a car accident as a result of icy roads in Tulsa, OK, contact the car accident lawyer at Impact Law Firm today. We always offer a free consultation.