Impact Law Firm
115 W. 3rd St.
Tulsa, OK 74103
View Larger Map
Steps in Filing a Wrongful Death Case in Tulsa, OK
A loved one’s death is almost always difficult to reconcile when we are dealing with our grief over their loss, but when his or her life is cut short due to reckless or negligent behavior by another person, the grief can be unbearable. It’s imperative to discuss your legal options with an attorney that has many years of experience, and success in winning these types of claims for their clients. Impact Law Firm has filed and won hundreds of wrongful death cases for their clients in Tulsa, OK.
Oklahoma law mandates a two-year statute of limitation for filing a wrongful death claim, thus, if you believe carelessness or negligence brought about the death of your loved one, it’s vitally important to discuss your options for filing your claim as soon as possible with your attorney.
Wrongful Death Claims
There are several steps in filing a wrongful death case, and it is a lengthy process. You can assist your attorney to ensure the best outcome by:
- Meet with your attorney to determine if your case is eligible for a wrongful death filing.
- Provide your attorney with the death certificate listing the cause of death
- Prepare a list of witnesses willing to testify on your behalf
- Provide your attorney with evidence that your loved one died as a result of carelessness or negligence by an identifiable individual or company, etc.
- Discuss your financial losses resulting from your loved one’s death
Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
In most wrongful death cases, your attorney’s goal will be to ensure that you are compensated in the following areas:
- Hospital bills
- Physician bills
- Funeral expenses, including burial expenses
- Current and future loss of income
- Emotional trauma
- Punitive damages
The steps in filing a wrongful death case vary depending upon how your loved one died, but filing a case quickly is important to ensure the statute of limitations does not end. Contact Impact Law Firm in Tulsa, OK today for a free consultation.