Impact Law Firm
115 W. 3rd St.
Tulsa, OK 74103
View Larger Map
Product Liability Attorney
When you purchase a new product, you should be able to assume the product is safe to utilize in the manner it was designed to be used. However, many products are pushed through the development and manufacturing stages in order to speed up the bottom line of profit. Consumers, as a result of this unnecessary rush, are unfortunately often victims of a product malfunction that results in severe injuries. To recover damages from a defective product, a product liability claim must be filed. The attorneys at Impact Law Firm can help with this, contact us today to get started.
Types of Defects that Qualify for Product Liability Claims
By law, product designers, manufacturers and suppliers can be held liable for injuries to consumers caused by defective products. There are three types of defects that may result in a product liability claim, including:
- Design defects – this type of defect begins in the development and design phase. A design defect will usually affect every product that is manufactured under that design.
- Manufacturing defects – if a mistake or problem occurs during the manufacturing stage, the product may have a manufacturing defect that could result in a personal injury. Failure to detect the mistake could result in liability on the manufacturer’s part.
- Failure to warn of product danger – if an inherently dangerous product, such as a chainsaw, does not have proper warning labels on how to handle the product safely and reduce the risk of injury, the product may be deemed defective.
Types of Product Liability Claims
- Negligence – a product liability claim may be based upon negligence of the designer, manufacturer or retailer of a product. Each entity must operate under reasonable care and must test each product design to ensure the consumer’s safety.
- Breach of warranty – this type of product liability is based upon contract law with both expressed and implied warranties. Disclaimers are usually worded in fine print on labels or documents included with the product in order to reduce the liability.
- Strict products liability – an injured party must demonstrate that the product was defective, the defect existed prior to the resell of the product, and that the defect caused the victim’s injuries.
Product Liability Lawyer in Tulsa, Oklahoma
If you have suffered severe or catastrophic injuries because of a defective product, you should consult with a product liability lawyer at Impact Law Firm in Tulsa, Oklahoma. At times, more than one party is responsible for your injuries. Most corporations have lawyers as employs to guard against product liability claims. Even the playing field by enlisting our expertise to recover the damages you deserve. Contact us today at 918-574-8555 or online for a free consultation.